The mission of the Kokshetau Aarhus Centre is to promote the implementation of three pillars of the Aarhus Convention.
The scope of the Kokshetau Aarhus Centre activities includes:
- Awareness raising and education in the issues of environment protection and green growth;
- Promotion of access to justice / courts in environmental matters;
- Promotion of access to the information on environmental protection;
- Encouraging public participation in environmental decision-making;
- Promotion of the regional development program aiming at efficient implementation of the Aarhus Convention